cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the typical life expectancy of an office printer (iR-ADV C256 III)

iancook1701
Contributor

I'm wondering if there is a good resource for how long a specific printer is expected to function properly? I'm trying to decide if this printer should be repaired, or if we should just bite the bullet and get a new one.

I have an imageRUNNER ADVANCE C256 III that we've had for 34 months. It has more than 380,383 total number of copies, averaging around 11,188 copies a month. I need to know if this is a normal amount for this printer or if it is excessive. There has been an increase in paper jams the last few months, and we've replace the fuser, the transfer belt and all of the toner cartridges in the last few months as well. I've read several pages that suggest that business printers should last between 3-5 years, so I'm not sure if we can get another 2 years out of this printer or not. 

What does everyone else do to determine when they should replace their business class printers?

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, iancook1701!

Thanks for posting! While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Most people lease larger MFC's and IR's.  A typical lease is 3~6 yrs. and vendors will give you a deeper discount the longer you lease.  There are additional fees if something breaks, but you have a dealer network to service you.  Consumables are also provided, typically for less than what you pay retail.  Depending on the rated duty cycle, things can start to break or wear out after about 3~4 yrs.  It depends on use.  If you decide to lease, be sure your business will be viable for the term.  Most printers come with an egregious early termination fee.  Reading the contract is paramount.  Leasing also gets you out of having to deal with an old device at the end of the term.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements