cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will an ethernet to USB adapter work with a canon MG5620 printer?

millwright74
Apprentice

I have spotty wireless coverage in my home.  Can't print from the garage and some other places.  My house is wired for ethernet.  Can I use an eternet to USB adapter on my MG 5620 printer?

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi millwright74,

We cannot guarantee that an ethernet to USB adapter will work with the printer.  To try and improve wireless communication, we recommend ensuring the following:

1. The access point is located indoors within the effective range for wireless communication.  Locate the printer within 50 meters of the access point.

2. There is no obstruction. Wireless communication between different rooms or floors is generally poor.  Adjust the location of the devices.

3. There is no source of radio wave interference in your vicinity.  There may be a device such as a microwave oven using the same frequency bandwidth as the wireless station.  Place the wireless devices as far away from the interference source as possible.

Should you need further assistance, please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) and a Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements