cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF642Cdw won't connect to Wi-Fi

musicgram
Apprentice

Hi!

I've recently moved to a new place and I've been trying to setup my printer (imageclass mf642cdw). I had no trouble connecting it to the wi-fi in my last residence, but this time it has been a nightmare. I am typing in the password just fine, but each time I try to connect it gives me a message that says "Could not connect. Check the PSK settings." I don't know if this affects it, but I'm using a MacBook Pro, Ventura 13.6.7 if that helps.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Your ability to connect to a wireless network is not affected by your computer's operating system. 

The printer will connect to a 2.4 GHz wireless broadcast that supports WPA2/AES encryption.  Please ensure your network meets these requirements.  

If you have a dual or tri-Ban Network and are using the same SSID name for all broadcasts, this can cause issues.  You can temporarily disable the 5 GHz broadcast while making a connection or give each broadcast a unique name.  If security encryption is set to WPA3, you must select WPA3/WPA2 for backwards compatibility.  The error message the printer Is displaying means the encryption standard is not correct or you're typing the password incorrectly. 

Login to the router and verify these settings 🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements