cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i-SENSYS MF633Cdw Software Installation Requires Admin Rights

dannering
Apprentice

When trying to install the driver for the Canon MF-633 laser printer & scanner, I am prompted by 

"To install the software, you must log on as a member of the Administrators group."

I am the administrator and the only user on for the computer in question - what is the solution for this?

Thanks in advance for a solution,

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

Are you sure yo are an Administrator on this computer? Who initially installed the operating system, or was the first person to use it if it came with the OS already on it?? The person who did either one would be an Administrator. If they created a user account for you, they may not have made it an Administrator-level user.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Welcome,

"To install the software, you must log on as a member of the Administrators group"

We know this is a error in Windows OS.  In additions to confirming @normadels question, can you tell us which version and built of windows you are using the printer with?

Since there are multiple versions of the installers PCL/UFRII, and all are self-extracting .ZIPs, here are some additional suggestions.

Right-click on the .exe and select Run As Administrator

shadowsports_1-1682287756632.png

Rename the .exe to .zip and extract the files, run set up

Before

shadowsports_0-1682287534129.png

After

shadowsports_3-1682288046726.png

Let us know if any of these options help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

Oh yeah, I forgot about the "Run as Administrator" option on the right-click menu. I occasionally run into this myself. Sometimes a program installer doesn't want to accept that you already are an Administrator. Telling it specifically to run as Admin is required.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements