cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to compress scanned pdfs - TR4720

LMHudson
Apprentice

I have used Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite.app to set PDF Compression to High. It seems to have no effect. A one-page US Letter scanned document weighs 2MB on Standard and the same on High. If I compress it using Adobe Acrobat, it weighs 113 KB without any loss of quality. How can I scan to the compressed size without having to use Adobe Acrobat?

Using MacOS 14.2.1 Sonoma

3 REPLIES 3

Britteny
Enthusiast

Thanks for joining the conversation, LMHudson!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

rs-eos
Elite

What are you scanning? Text-only documents? Images? Forms (mixture of text and graphical elements)?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

LMHudson
Apprentice

Thank you. I am running on macOS Sonoma 14.2.1. My Pixma TR4720 is new. It replaced a TR8520 yesterday. I notice that its install introduced a new Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite.app but left untouched the Canon IJ Scan Utility.app which bears a Date Modified in 2018, when the TR8520 was first installed. I am scanning a text document on 300 dpi in black & white.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements