cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6100 Lost wireless connection

6146dat
Apprentice

My Canon TS6100 has been connected to my wireless routher for over a year. ALl of suuden it lost the connection and I cannot get it to connect. I am doing the LAN setting manually and its finds my router name but it cannot connect with the signal. I have moved my prinert down to the first floor to be closer to the router. I have rebotted my router a number of times, as well as disconnecting/unpulgging my printer.

My son needs this printer for remote school. ANy hel is appreciated.

Debbie

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Wireless help can be found here:

Support | TS Series - Inkjet | PIXMA TS6120 | Canon USA

Note, the printer can only connect to ta 2.4Ghz broadcast.

If you are using it with a dual or tri-band router, one that uses the same SSID name for all broadcast, it might have difficulty connecting.  In many cases, disabling the 5Ghz broadcast temporarily and/or giving each network a unique name (example) " "MyWireless2.4", "MyWireless5G" can also help.

3rd party anti-virus can also interfere.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

gill1
Apprentice

I changed my internet provider and need to update the wireless passcode manually on the printer operating panel.  I can enter letters but can't figure out how to enter numbers.  I have a PIXMA G4210 printer.    

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi gill1,

To change the keyboard to access numbers, please press the * key until :1 appears in the upper right corner of the printer's display.

More information can be viewed here:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169358

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements