cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird issue, PIXMA MG3050 Stopped Printing Wirelessly

steve1873
Apprentice

Hi there, I bought the above model maybe 4 or 5 months ago and got it set up and working flawlessly via wireless. However, recently it stopped printing via wireless. To solve the issue I deleted software and attempted to reinstall but Windows 10 is point blank refusing to recognise the printer.

I have tried numerous steps, such as restoring printers factory network settings.

The weird thing is, the printer is able to connect to my router and is visible as such. However, no matter what I try Windows will not recognise it. Have even tried searching with IP address and it still won't show up. As such I cannot even install the printer as it wont go any further. I can print from my phone over the network, so it is clearly working.

There is even a step which asks to connect via USB as temp measure whilst it establishes communication with Wi-FI, but again it fails at this step.

I have had to resort to installing printer completely via USB, but this is nowhere near ideal as printer isn't actually located in suitable place for this to be a long-term measure.

Help me please!

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi steve1873

The Canon Community forums are run by Canon U.S.A.  I'll do my best to help, but there may be regional differences of which I'm unaware and for which I cannot assist. For more thorough support of your printer, you may find the correct website using the map on the Canon Global website: http://global.canon/en/support/

If your computer is connected to your network using a 5G connection, try connecting it instead to a 2.4 GHz connection to your network.  If that works, then you may be able to change your router's settings to enable cross-communication between 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connected devices; refer to your router's documentation and support for more information about its settings.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements