cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX870 Won't Work Wirelessly

Rocket1952
Apprentice

MX870 will print wired but not wireless. The mac address on the printer does not match the mac address for the wi-fi

I need to print wireless over the wi-fi. Shows up as offline. I need help. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it.

i have unpluged the printer for 1 hour. HELP. Thanks Ed S Rocket1952

3 REPLIES 3

kd4jfd
Apprentice

While trying to do the cableless connection I get the following eror message:

"Failed to perform cableless setup. Suspend the process and select other setup method by following the instruction on the screens."

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rocket1952,

The wifi connection and the ethernet connection will have different MAC addresses. If it works via ethernet but it does not via wifi, you can connect the printer to your wifi using the steps provided HERE.

Once the printer is on the network via wifi, you can try reinstalling the drivers or adding the printer to see if it can find the printer with the wireless Mac address. If it does not, we can assist further with the issue but, we will need to know what version of the Mac or Windows operating system you have on your computer.

Once we have that information, we can provide info on how to add/detect the wireless connection.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rocket1952,

The Mac address for the wifi connection and the ethernet connection are differnt. Once you switch the printer's connection from ethernet to wifi, you would need to perform the setup for the computer again so the computer can detect the different Mac address.

To provide the steps on how to reconnect your computer to your printer, please reply to this message with the specific version of the Mac or Windows operating system and we can provide the steps needed.

Announcements