cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF264dw Printer offline

daddywoofdawg
Apprentice

My printer shows as offline but it's on and I went through all the steps in the support forum and It's not marked as offline only when the printer page comes up does it say offline. and the print queue shows nothing waiting. I can print a test page just not a real page. It prints with other computers in the house and the router shows the printer.

4 REPLIES 4

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Canon Forums. We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the following information:

1. Operating System of the computer?
  2. How is your printer connected?
  3. The model name of the printer?

If you are in the USA and need immediate assistance please visit your My Canon Account for personalized troubleshooting options. Visit your account here canon.us/account. If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

win 10 home

MF 264dw

connected wireless

Hello,

If other computers in the house can use the printer and you can print a test page from your Windows computer, the issue looks like your program is selecting the wrong print que or is having problems sending print jobs. 

You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in control printers and click OK. In the Window that comes up, You can check if the Canon printer appears once and has a check on it showing that it is the default printer. If it is not, you can right click on it and select the option to set as default.

Once set as default, you can try printing from the program that you are using and you can check if the selected printer name matches the default printer you selected. If it does not, you can click the printer selection drop down and switch it to the name of the default printer. 

only two years late this was posted 1-27-2021

Announcements