cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer install

ellen7855
Apprentice

Because my printer works sporadically, I often uninstall and reinstall the printer.  When I tried to do that this time, there is no printer listed to add.  I then look it up by IP address and nothing happens.  

4 REPLIES 4

Abel
Enthusiast

Hi, ellen7855!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

ellen7855
Apprentice

It is a Canon imageClassLBP622Cdw

Hello Ellen7855,

If you have a sporadic connection between the printer and computer, you can try relocating the printer so it is closer to your router. You can also, try unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once the network is back up, you can check if the computer can add the printer. If you are still unable to add the printer, you can check the printer's ip address using the steps in the link found HERE to see if it has changed.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This printer supports wi-fi or ethernet.

I suggest you assign or set a static IP for it on your router or gateway.  This will ensure it won't change and/or you will always be able to "find' or reach it.

Once done, uninstall it from your PC or MAC.  Now reinstall it as a IP printer, using the IP you assigned it above.  Moving forward, the IP will not change, you will always be able to connect to it, and print from any device connected to the same network, regardless of when it was last used, turned off / back on, etc.  

Support page for your device:

Support | Color Laser | Color imageCLASS LBP622Cdw | Canon USA

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements