cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro compatibility issue with MacOS Ventura and Photoshop 2024

DMWIERZ1
Contributor

I have used, and loved, Print Studio Pro in the past, with my Pixma Pro-100. Imagine my surprise to find the plug-in doesn't play nice with MacOS Ventura, and especially Photoshop 2024.

Any chance this is going to be remedied in the near future?

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I think this might be a problem with Adobe Ps because the plugin works fine with Lightroom Classic on a MacBook Air M2 with Ventura.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

DMWIERZ1
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. It worked fine with PS 2023, M1 Pro MBP and Ventura, but now that I'm running PS 2024, it won't even install the plugins. I run Canon's install program, and it goes through the process, but the plug-ins are nowhere to be found.

Besides, IMO, it's not really Adobe's responsibility to make sure everybody else's third party plug-ins work on their software, is it? Kinda the other way around.

It installs in Ps 2024. The plugin folder for PSP is in the Ps plugin folder but it doesn’t show up in the Automate menu. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm not trying to be difficult, but no it doesn't. The first time I tried to install the latest version of PSP, it installed plug-ins in a VERY old PS CS5 folder (that I didn't even realize I still had around, but probably kept because it was the last non-web version of PS I had bought and paid for). I tried moving these plug-ins to the PS 2024 folder, and of course, they didn't work, since . Since that first installation, though, nothing happens. 

I'm not the only one who is having this issue. I spent a couple hours Googling my way around the Web, and discovered a bunch of others who were reporting the same exact issue, and a number of people who tried to help by saying "they are installed in the wrong folder" or "use Open in Rosetta to make PS 2024 work with the plug-ins", but neither of these solved my issue. 

1. Computer recently updated to Ps2024. 
2. Opened Plugin folder. All that was in it was Generator folder. 
3. Ran PSP plugin installer, specifying the Ps Plugin folder. 
4. Opened the Plugin folder. PSP folder was in there. 
5. Opened Automate tool. PSP not listed. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

"5. Opened Automate tool. PSP not listed. "

John, so you're saying it didn't work? 

FWIW, my Generator folder is empty, even after running the installer.

DMWIERZ1
Contributor

Here is something I found elsewhere on these forumsScreenshot 2023-09-21 at 3.26.27 PM.png 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements