cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Reports Insufficient Memory

EduardoAlemao
Enthusiast

MacOs Ventura / Image PROGraf PRO 4000 / Insufficient Memory

Ok, just update my MacMini 2018 (Intel / 32Gb RAM) to MacOs Ventura.

For my surprise Print Studio Pro (or something else) is not properly working.

The message goes like this when I hit command + P inside PSP.

An error occurred while printing. Memory may be insufficient for printing.

Using the latest PSP version: 2.2.5 , and latest driver for the printer: 24.20.0.0, and the test file for that print is a small PSD (25Mb / 8bits) from a Canon 5D Marks II. Tried from Lightroom and Photoshop 2022 and 2023, all update....

Tried that using cables and WiFi. The error is always the same.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 17.23.31.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

imciil. As soon as my MacBook upgraded to Ventura operating system I lost Print Studio Pro. Then re-installed and it seemed to work as the image to be printed opened inPSP. However I then got the "memory insufficient" message on my CanonPro 100S. Solution wss found on Community site which was to download PSP from the Europe site (a link was shown but I can't find it now). I did just that on 3rd May 2023 and it all worked perfectly . Used PSP yesterday and it still working. suggest yo all hunt for the Canon Europe site. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

canonsky
Enthusiast

This just in for Eduardo et al. -- it's not the PSP software that's the issue, it is Canon's failure to update the program in sync with Apple's release of Ventura.  A call to Canon with my concern cleared the air -- a fix is expected in "three of four months."  That'a about how long it took last time for Canon to upgrade to a previous new operating sytem from Apple.  You wonder why Canon doesn't get it's engineering act together; it was certainly no mystery that Apple planned to release Ventura many months before it happened.  We are all in the same boat -- either find another machine with Catalina or Big Sur, etc., or learn to print without Print Studio Pro for the time being.

Thanks Canonsky 😄

Pretty much a shame Canon can't get updates more often.

Anyway I am still using Professional Print & Layout on a daily basis. It works fine for me now on PRO2000 and PRO4000 and I guess the PRO1000 either.

And yet all of my Adobe Products and all the plugins, Corel Painter, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Amazon Music, Google Chrome, etc, etc all work just fine. Seems to me that is one of the reasons that Apple releases developer releases, pre-betas, betas, etc... not only to test their software but to allow developers to catch up. It's like Canon doesn't even remember that they produce a Mac driver until users start complaining. They clearly don't care about their end users.

3-4 months? Is canon a small mom and pop business? My Epsons updated in 10 days. This is not acceptable. I think Canon is spread too thin.

I agree. Apple seems to be releasing updates quite frequently (every 12 months or so) and each time it apparently takes Canon two months to realize there is a problem and then another four months to fix it. No other company seems to have this issue; it’s just Canon that is so special. But the result is that under the current conditions we can really only use Canon software for about 50% of the time. The rest of the time it’s non-functional and waiting for some kind of fix. COME ON CANON! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Feb 3, 2023-- I printed without issue last Saturday using OS Ventura. Then yesterday, I made the mistake of updating to Ventura 13.2 and now I am getting the "maybe not enough memory" error message. This after I struggling to get the app working (all the permissions crap, etc.) 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Gentlemen,

Please remember that Canon does not control Apple, and Mr Cook's dev team can and will make changes to their software without telling Canon. We had a discussion about this topic here recently. Apple controls the software it releases. All the testing in the world won't matter if Apple changes something right before it releases a new build or OS.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

But why does it take Canon *months* to fix issues while everyone else does it in *days*?

Take this with a grain of salt because I haven't verified the current practices at Canon USA, but I was told that during a major OS update, we developed revisions and even new software based on the beta software we were given (paid for as developers). The Release Candidate came out with MAJOR changes made at the last minute, and we had to scrap like six months of work. This OS upgrade changed how the OS and our products interfaced, so our developers had to scramble to patch the drivers and software. From that point, the business decision was made not to develop off of beta software because too many changes can be made at the last minute before the public release is made. Again, this is what I was told by an engineer many years ago. I can only assume that's still the practice.

I can understand how that sort of a long standing policy might be in place, and I wouldnt be surprised if it were true. Unfortunately, it's not a very customer-friendly attitude and sounds like the kind of policy an accountant-oriented executive would implement vs a more customer-oriented executive. Too bad. 

Announcements