cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro Reports Insufficient Memory

EduardoAlemao
Enthusiast

MacOs Ventura / Image PROGraf PRO 4000 / Insufficient Memory

Ok, just update my MacMini 2018 (Intel / 32Gb RAM) to MacOs Ventura.

For my surprise Print Studio Pro (or something else) is not properly working.

The message goes like this when I hit command + P inside PSP.

An error occurred while printing. Memory may be insufficient for printing.

Using the latest PSP version: 2.2.5 , and latest driver for the printer: 24.20.0.0, and the test file for that print is a small PSD (25Mb / 8bits) from a Canon 5D Marks II. Tried from Lightroom and Photoshop 2022 and 2023, all update....

Tried that using cables and WiFi. The error is always the same.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 17.23.31.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

imciil. As soon as my MacBook upgraded to Ventura operating system I lost Print Studio Pro. Then re-installed and it seemed to work as the image to be printed opened inPSP. However I then got the "memory insufficient" message on my CanonPro 100S. Solution wss found on Community site which was to download PSP from the Europe site (a link was shown but I can't find it now). I did just that on 3rd May 2023 and it all worked perfectly . Used PSP yesterday and it still working. suggest yo all hunt for the Canon Europe site. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings and Welcome,

Congrats on being an early adopter.  Ventura was just released.  The drivers you are using mention support for OSX13.  I'd try removing the printer and all canon applications, then restart and re-add the device.  Install PSP and retest.  Thats about all you can do at this point.  😉

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

EduardoAlemao
Enthusiast

Already did that... 
Reset printing system. Install printer again, install PSP again. Nothing. Same error.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Then you have done all that you can.  If this is a production environment, a Time Machine Back Up might be useful at this time.

You can leave feedback, and notify the Canon Development Team  that v24.20.0.0 does not appear to work with OSX13 in your testing.

Canon Support for | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Bottom middle of the page +Feedback, then product.

shadowsports_0-1666787641081.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Update:

So far I can now print using Canon drivers for the Pro4000. The good and old command+P using Photoshop and the dialog box from MacOs (wich is completely redesign on Ventura).

Print Studio Pro tough IS NOT working as stated early.

Another super annoying behavior on PSP under Ventura is that all values are now in INCHES and not the metric system as I always used…. 

I tried. cannot get full bleed. Need PSP to evolve and work

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Some progress then.  Thats good.  Don't the prefs in PSP allow you to specify imperial vs metric?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

No. I understand that this is a system wide configuration. And yes, it is metric right now....

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 08.22.52.png

EduardoAlemao
Enthusiast

Update 01:
I manage to install and successfully use Canon Professional Print & Layout on the MacMini! Printer is working fine.

Update 02:
Should not do that but I just updated my MacStudio Max (Apple chip / 32Gb RAM) to the new MacOs Ventura. And again:

An error occurred while printing. Memory may be insufficient for printing.

All apps updated, all firmware ok, everything the same. And no luck. And everything in it is in inches now....

After all that is final: Print Studio Pro is not working under MacOs Ventura! So far I continue using Professional Print & Layout though I really don't like it.

Oh, and once again I got that message of the missing folder. That is classic by now. Just create it and start printing.

I think Canon software is CRAP.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 17.02.30.png

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 17.02.21.png

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 20.26.32.png

imciil. As soon as my MacBook upgraded to Ventura operating system I lost Print Studio Pro. Then re-installed and it seemed to work as the image to be printed opened inPSP. However I then got the "memory insufficient" message on my CanonPro 100S. Solution wss found on Community site which was to download PSP from the Europe site (a link was shown but I can't find it now). I did just that on 3rd May 2023 and it all worked perfectly . Used PSP yesterday and it still working. suggest yo all hunt for the Canon Europe site. 

Announcements