cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3420 won't print from desktop, OK from phone

GerardyGuy2022
Apprentice

I just bought this printer and did the setup. The printer shows in my system preferences and everything seems to look like its working. My wifi is on. I can't get my printer to print from desktop. It 's fine off my phone but nothing off my desktop. When I open my printer question is says not able to print or waiting . Any suggestions. Is it something on my Mac I have to adjust

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, GerardyGuy2022!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS is running on your computer.  It would also help to know which applications you're trying to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

GerardyGuy2022
Apprentice

I have a Mac. macOS Monterey version 12.1.1. I print documents from google drive

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GerardyGuy2022,

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.

2.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

3.  Click on the Canon TS3420 on the left side and then [-] at the bottom to remove it.

4.  Repeat until all TS3420's are removed.

5.  Click [+] at the bottom.  The Add Printer window will appear.

6.  Click one time on the Canon TS3420 and then click on Add in the lower right corner.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Scully1072
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. I deleted the printer but now I can't even add it back on! It's a TS3420 and I'm on a mac like this person trying to print from Pages app. I can't locate the printer at all now. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements