cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 No driver option to print on 8.5" x 11" glossy paper

titlemanager
Apprentice

Canon Software Developer Intellectual Capacity Catastrophic Fail

When choosing print options with any Canon printer.....if you choose glossy paper the paper size option will disable 8.5" x 11" in the dropdown list. I assume that was done because photos are usually standard sizes, and 8.5 x 11 is not a standard photo size. It should be. I have been printing on inkjet printers since the technology became available. Very rarely do I print family photos of standard sizes with my printer. I do everything else possible because I am a masterfully skilled image editor. I also write software. So I know that it actually took extra effort to write the code that would eliminate the option to choose 8.5 x 11 size when glossy paper is chosen.  

Hey Canon. This is a major fail. I have file cabinets full of 8.5 x 11 glossy photo paper. The only way to use it in a Canon printer is to cut it into standard photo frame sizes first. Exactly why  I am fully stocked with the paper. Here's a little (or very big) profit hint Canon. Scratch that code. The result would be that several hundred million human beings would start using their photo paper in your printers. Knock-knock. Is anybody home Canon?

12 REPLIES 12

From a sensible, logical, and realistic perspective "what happened here" is Canon intentionally added the limitation (probably for business reasons) by omitting the option that the printer is inherently capable of performing.  

normadel
Authority
Authority

This looks like one of those throwaway printers. Real cheap to buy. Amazingly hamstrung photo printing, and not worth buying replacement ink cartridges.

It's also a model that has an immense number of users writing to this forum trying to make it work.

What a shame. Canon ought to dump this model.

cwhudson
Apprentice

I've been fighting the same issue with TS3500 (same family I guess). Bought it to print full page photos and cannot believe something that basic is not allowed. Very disappointed in Canon.

Announcements