cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8380CDW can't communicate with any of the 5 SMTP servers I've tried

dreamdenizen
Apprentice

Hi there,

Pretty frustrated with my MF8380CDW. We recently switched ISPs from Comcast over to AT&T Fiber and thus lost our @comcast.net email address. Since then I've tried getting the scanner to send via email using SMTP for GMail, Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, and GMX with no luck. Keep getting Error #806 on all of them. Printer is on the latest firmware and I've done a factory reset between each test on each mail provider, and updated the port settings properly each time. I'm at a loss here. TLS/SSL support for email on this device seems to be absent, which I find ridiculous given the intended consumer base for this printer.

What can I do to get this working? What providers are working for other users here?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Forget the printer and try telnet to the various severs using a command prompt.  I would not be surprised if AT&T is blocking ports, even the most common ones.  Best to check and be sure however.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dreamdenizen
Apprentice
My mail clients using port 587 aren't having any issues

dreamdenizen
Apprentice

bump

and .. any news ?

does it work for you

Same problem here for my 8380CDW

Nobody ? any solution for this type of problem ...

dreamdenizen
Apprentice
No. I ended up buying a new printer.

No support from Canon here about this case ... so it really doesn't work ... 

Hello Atomic41,

The MF8380Cdw is not able to use TLS, if you are using a secure email that has TLS, the scanner will be unable to connect. You can try disabling the security for the email to see if you can connect. Our forums are designed more for users to assist each other with technical issues and to share experiences.

For a more immediate resolution or for one of our agents to check the settings being used and to see what options you have, you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

esullivan
Apprentice

I know this is old but I am have the SAME EXACT ISSUE on the MF644 Cdw.  Switched from Spectrum to AT&T Fiber.  Printer cannot scan to email.  I setup a client on my PC with the SAME settings and it works fine.  It's clearly how Canon is sending the traffic.

Announcements