cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7020 doesn't identify 5gHz networks, only 2.4

atapi
Apprentice

Title says it all.  I've tried manual connect and entering the network SSID manually, but no dice.  The AP is about a meter away, and it's got the lower speed network fine.

Separate question: how do you enter capital letters and numbers using the keypad?  pressing 2 four times to cycle it to capitals only takes it back to lower case (a-b-c-a).  It's a mystery!

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The G7020 has a 2.4Ghz radio and is only capable of connecting to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.  It will not connect to a 5G network.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

Are you sure 5G is enabled on your wifi router?  Do you see your 5G network from a computer?

Do you know the name of your 5G network?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The G7020 has a 2.4Ghz radio and is only capable of connecting to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.  It will not connect to a 5G network.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks both.  1) Yes, the 5ghz network is up and used by many devices in the home.

2) Well crap.  I read its spec to say it supported 802.11 b/g/n and ... well, n uses both speeds.  What a disappointment.  My old TS8300 runs on 5gHz and that's years old and cheaper.  Nice new one is gimped?  Disappointing.

Thank you for the helps all the same!

Announcements