cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon TR8620 printer connection issue.

Lefky74
Apprentice

Hi,

Several months back I bought a Canon TR8620 printer w/ scanner, etc and just recently have had issues adding it to my computer's devices. When I first bought it it worked, but now after a removal of the device, I can't add it to my computer. I clicked on the "Wi-Fi Settings" on the printer's display screen and it has my router listed and it says connected, so that's good, but it's not listed in my computer's devices. I looked for a solution online and on one forum someone mentioned that the problem might be that the printer's IP Address keeps changing. I'm not terribly tech-savvy, so I didn't want to get into changing its IP address to a fixed one. Any ideas what could be wrong or suggestions?

Thanks,

E.K.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

So we can best assist you, please let us know if you using a Windows or Mac computer? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Note: If you would like help in real time via chat or phone, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi @E.K.,

"so I didn't want to get into changing its IP address to a fixed one."

This might be exactly what you want to do.  

This is done on your router.  It only needs to be done once.  Depending on brand or model it will be called Address Reservation, static IP, etc.  This also gives you the ability to print from any device that joins or is connected to your network, since the destination doesn't change.

One easy way to confirm your printer is connected and communicating on your network is to open an internet browser and enter in its IP address.  If the printers webserver displays, you know the device is communicating.  You can also ping it from a command prompt or terminal (if MAC).

Don't be frightened with the tech part.  If you provide more info about your devices, and network, we can try to help and point you in the right direction.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi again,

Thanks for the quick replies.

My system info is as follows:

Dell XPS 8940
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.795
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10105 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I logged into my router and followed the steps to assign a static IP address. When I reached the page to enter the IP address, I used the numbers that were already in the boxes (see pic):
Canon printer IP address settings.jpg

I tried printing a Photoshop document, but I got the following:

printing.error1.jpg

Not sure what to do next. When I checked the Printer's Wi-Fi settings, it was still connected to my router. I even restarted my printer just to refresh any changes.
Could you provide step-by-step instructions for assigning an IP address in case I missed something?

Announcements