cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF733cdw. "a scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. "

czink25
Apprentice

I have an MF733cdw and a new Lenovo laptop running Windows 11 Home. I am getting an error message when attempting to scan. "a scanner driver supporting this software is not installed." There is no other code. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers as well as the MF Scanner Utility. I have completely disconnected from the printer and reinstalled from scratch. Still no luck.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Czink25,

If you are getting that error it will usually mean the twain scanner driver is not installed or there was a problem during the driver installation. In this situation, I would suggest removing any instances of the printer from the computer and then trying a reinstall.

You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in control printers and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can right click on any listing for the MF733 and then select remove device. Once all the listings for the printer have been removed, you can try downloading and installing the recommend drivers for the MF733 from our support site. Before starting the installation, I would suggest disconnecting the USB cable if already connected and turning off any security software that is running on the computer.

If you continue to have issues with scanning, we would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666.

1. Are you connecting via USB or is it over a network?
  2. When you perform the driver install, do you get any specific errors or run into any issues?
Announcements