cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF731Cdw Cannot use Canon Scanner on Windows 11

daveyp225
Apprentice

I have tried on three separate windows 11 machines. It is MF731CDW.

The printer cannot find my computer to scan too, and when using the MF utility,

I get the error

A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again. 9,203,0.

I installed everything the same way I always do, and I have never had issues in the past. Complete driver package and then the scanner utility. Printing has always worked just fine.

Problems on Thinkpad, Surface pro 6 and my desktop computer. All the same thing.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Daveyp225,

The error would point to an issue with the scanner driver installation on the computer. If the driver is not currently loaded, the MF scanner selector will not be ale to connect to the scanner over the network. In that situation, you would not be able to scan from the computer or from the operation panel. 

You can try installing the [Windows 64bit] MF733Cdw/MF731Cdw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic FAX / ScanGear) from our support site while any security software is turned off on the computer. Once installed, you can try opening the MF scan utility to see if you get the same error.

If you continue to have issues with scanner driver, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to check what is blocking the install on the computer or what might be causing the driver issue.

I had he same issue connecting my scanner to my computer. I followed the link provided above and did not find any download versions for Windows 11.

There are no results for the OS Version you selected.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements