cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageRUNNER ADVANCE DX 4725 Can't scan to email using Office 365 SMTP server at other locations.

plawless
Apprentice

Our scanning used to go through a local smtp server until recently when it stopped working and I found out there was an error in our badmail folder saying that our client host IP was blocked by Spamhaus. I then decided to move to the Office365 smtp server by using the direct route. It works at our HQ location, but it won't work at our other branches. There is also one printer that can't scan this way at our HQ location. There is only two other locations with one printer at both. 

I have also tried going the SMTP AUTH route, but it is saying there is an authentication error. I found out it might have to do with Legacy TLS, but it still doesn't work after allowing Legacy TLS.

I am trying to get the printers to scan to other outlook accounts within the company.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, plawless!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which Canon products you own and exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

They're both IR-ADV 4725

Computers run on Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for the information. While our forum community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products. Instead, your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer and you're in the United States, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers in your area.

If you're outside the USA, visit http://global.canon and choose your country or region from the map for local support.

We hope this helps!

Hello @plawless, did you figure out this issue? I'm having a similar issue.

Announcements