cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA T6220 Problem connecting second computer

yousepi09
Apprentice

Hi guys, I'm having a problem connecting a second computer using the wifi connection.. I was able to connect my macbook sucesfully, but when I was connecting another computer it's not working.. the printer is already connected to my wifi. It's not showing the IP Adress on the chart setup..

4 REPLIES 4

psocoupeville
Apprentice

I have a similar problem. I have a Pixma TS6220. I want to use the Ink Jet utilities to use the scanner. The Utilities set up fails and will not complete because the install software does not detect the printer.  The printer is in fact already installed via Windows 10. I tried removing the printer but the IJ utilites install still does not detect it. It will not complete the install without this step, so I am stuck.

Hi psocoupeville,

If you have aleady installed the drivers on your Windows 10 computer and can print, the scanning utility will have been installed as well.

Please click on the Windows Start button in the lower left hand corner and then the Canon Utilities folder.

In that folder, please click on the "IJ Scan Utility".

Once the IJ Scan Utility is open, at the top, next to Product Name, please make sure that "Canon TS6200 series Network" is select and then click the Document or Photo button to perform a scan.

For more information regarding the IJ Scan Utility, please use the following link:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/TS6200%20series/1.1/EN/SU/su_scan01_w.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

The problem is that I cannot install the Cannon IJ utilites or the Cannon drivers. When I intalled the new printer, I just used Windows Add a Device, and the printer works fine. However the scanner output is unacceptable.  Therefore I attempted to load the Cannon TS6220 drivers and the IJ Utilities. Using the two Cannon executables:

Driver

md__-win-ts6200-1_02-ea34_2.exe

Drivers with application

win-ts6200-1_0-n_mcd.exe

Both of these software packages require connecting to the printer. When using the option Wi Fi direct, the search for the printer returns:

The printer could not be detecte on the network.
If the printer's network setup has not the been completed,
complete the network setup and then click Redetect.

I have tried all the options should the printer not be detected, including providing an IPv4 address, and detecting the printer while it is in connection mode without any success. The software than cannot be loaded. Therefore there is no Cannon Utilities to execute.

It could be that I am not providing the full IP address when using that option. The printerr is connected via a Wi Fi router. I have tried deleting the Printer from the Printer device list in Windows 10, but that appears to make no difference. Obviously Windows has no problem detecting the printer.

Window Scan utility though butchers the scanning of photos. Therefore I believe I need the IJ utilities to get a decent scan. (This was not the case with our old Cannon Printer/Scanner).

Do you have a suggestion. BTW, thank you for your response.

Phillip 

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi yousepi09,

Please make sure that your Mac is connected to the same network as your PIXMA TS6220.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Pease press the HOME button on your TS6220.

2.  Tap Wi-Fi in the lower left corner of the printers' display.

3.  In LAN settings, please tap Wi-Fi.

Take note of what is listed next to SSID.

On your Mac, please click the Wi-Fi icon in the upper right hand corner.  Does the Wi-Fi name that your Mac is connected to match the name that is next to SSID on your TS6220?

If not, please select the Wi-Fi network that your TS6220 is connected to.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements