cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 new computer and now canon MX 922 printer is printing very poor quality. USB connect

rubyopal
Contributor

This is not my ink or anything else. It started the minute i hooked up my MX 922 printer via USB to new dell computer with windows 10. Dell Insipion new 27 inch touch 7000 all in one.

The black is blurred and not very easy to read; the color is spotty.  Can anyone help with this?  Thanks kindly

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi rubyopal,

When you plugged the usb in to the new computer did you install the MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 ? If you did not please click HERE and download the MP driver and then open your control panel on the computer and select devices and printers. Once you are in devices and printers, make sure the MX920 series printer icon has a checkmark on it. If there is a MX920 series WS icon, please remove that one.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If this does not resolve your issue, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

Thanks for responding.

I put in the original cd that came with the printer after hooking up:  Pixma MX920 M2.0; chose the USB connection option.

If I follow your instructions below; control panel; devises, I get picture options of MX920 SERIES FAX. I checked that and printed with no change but it says fax and not printer.

I do not see series WS icon either.  If I go to print server properties, there is an option of MX920 series printer; if I say add, I get to a welcome to print driver. 

I stopped there cause was not sure if should fiddle around with that.  Thanks alot. 

Hi rubyopal,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

i just called the phone below and am being told that you will not help me with the pixma mx 922 unless on line. Now what? 

I called again and spent about 40 minutes on with a tech guy; he had me go online to download the driver; cheked alighment; two deep cleaning.  The prints from the computer are still bad and very blurred--especially the black; changed out all cartridges; the print from copy from printer was good...... control panel shows but not always that I have checked the printer and made as default--not "windows 10."

Not sure where to go from here.  Tech guy thought maybe cartridges but then why would copy from the printer itself be good quality??

Thanks for any fine tuning anyone can give. 

Announcements