cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is error 5100 for multifunction printeers and how do you fix it?

WarrenSmith
Apprentice

what is error 5100 for multifunction printeers and how do you fix it?

92 REPLIES 92

I have MG7120 and came up with error 5100. I checked everywhere and there is no paper jam. I restart it a number of times but the error message is stillthere. Can you hlep

Hi maltaye,

The 5100 error can be caused by paper jammed inside of the printer, or a stay piece of paper / foreign object within the printer causing an incorrect signal to be sent to the main board.

1.  Turn your PIXMA MG7120 off and disconnect the power cord and USB cable.

2.  Remove paper from the automatic sheet feeder (ASF), in the back.

3.  Gently pull jammed paper out, if any.

3-1.  If paper is visible from the ASF, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

3-2.  If paper is visible from the paper output slot, use both hands to pull the paper out slowly.

4.  If the paper tears and a piece of that remains inside the printer, open the printer cover and remove the paper from inside the printer.

5.  Check ASF with a bright light to check for obstructions.  Remove any if found.

6.  Open the rear cover to check if the paper is jammed.

7.  Pull out the cassette and check if the paper is jammed inside the cassette area.

8.  Load paper back into the ASF or cassette.

9.  Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer and confirm that the Alarm light is off. (If there was any jammed paper remaining in the printer, the paper may be automatically ejected.)

If the above procedure does not resolve the 5100 error, additional troubleshooting would have to be performed and your PIXMA MG7120 may require service.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

arvieutiful
Apprentice

I have the same problem and I've tried to fix it but it still won't work. The model of my printer is MP280. I have so many pending documents to be printed and they're still on queue at the moment.

MrsButler2010
Apprentice
Mx479

MrsButler2010
Apprentice
Pixma

PurpleFX
Apprentice
Hello. Just purchased the Pixma MX492 and am setting it up. No paper installed to cause a jam, etc. Installed the ink cartridges as directed. Heard the sound that they're installed properly, closed the door and immediately got the ERROR 5100. I've taken the ink out, turned the machine off, unplugged it and started over....still get the error. Please help!

Hi PurpleFX,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

A Technical Support Representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Crawleymom
Apprentice
Mine is mg3520

Crawleymom
Apprentice
I have a mg3520 and my printer worked fine until the last week. My daughter decided to print something and jammed the printer. I have cleared the jam and had just bought new cartridges that we used maybe a week, so I'm lost at what else it could possibly be

Gumba3
Contributor

My printer reads support code 1500. I had a paper jam when I received this code. I removed the paper that was jammed in the printer. I have turned off my printer off 10 times, cancelled the printing orders that was pending when I recieved this code. It is giving me Support code 1500 and gives me 3 steps. I did remove the paper that was jammed, I ensured that there was no objects jammed into the printer and turned it off several times. 

I have used a flaslight to ensure that there is no objects jammed in on both sides. I load the paper into the tray and turn on the printer. The printer makes a weird sound and the support code 1500 will not go away no matter how many times I turn it on and off. 

All I currently, know at the moment is that my print is a Canon and I am using ink cartridges 251 XL. I am currently at work and not able to provide the model number of the printer. I am done my shift at 5:45 am and will be home around 6 - 6:30 am if you require further information.

Can you help me to get rid of the code?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements