cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

washed out color

printermine1
Apprentice

Our Canon PIXMA G4210 is less than a year old. Bought it because photo quality is good and uses less ink.

This is the second time ink was added...first time no problem...now what ever we print is washed out.

What gives? Other on-line searchs and instruction booklet not helping.

We use printer a lot and need it working.

Thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi printermine1,

If your prints are washed when using photo paper, you might need to clean the print head or adjust the printer settings.

To clean the print head that the ink sprays out of, you can follow the steps provided in the link HERE. If the prints are still washed out, it sounds like some of the print settings need to be adjusted. To provided the proper settings adjustments, I would need you to reply to this message with the specific version of the Mac or Windows operating system that is running on your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What paper type are you using?  Matte paper will have a subdued apperance vs using gloss paper.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for the repy.

Always use Office Depot standard photo paper...gloss

Does the same on regular paper.

is there something on the printer that needs to be adjusted?

I'm at a complete loss.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi printermine1,

If your prints are washed when using photo paper, you might need to clean the print head or adjust the printer settings.

To clean the print head that the ink sprays out of, you can follow the steps provided in the link HERE. If the prints are still washed out, it sounds like some of the print settings need to be adjusted. To provided the proper settings adjustments, I would need you to reply to this message with the specific version of the Mac or Windows operating system that is running on your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for you reply.

I did find instructions regarding the cleaning of  printer heads so that's what I did and it did solve the problem.

Our printer is back to it's daily use!

Hi,

Our Canom Pixma G4210 is 1 year old. Using the same inks that come with the printer. There is no red color at all. Reds come out very light yellow. Colors washed out. I deep cleaned the head several times there is no change. Still washed out.  Can anybody help.

Windows 10
Printer TR8520
Announcements