cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to scan from mg6620

fnglover
Apprentice

hello to all. after uninstallation because of issues encountered with upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 (operation has been reversed), my mg6620 is unable to work at all through wifi and unable to scan through usb (printing works fine through usb). nothing appears under the canon IJ network scanner selector ex and on the canon quick menu. I have checked driver installation and network point of access appears on the machine although the communication through wifi is non existent between computer and printer. sorry if this seems confused as I am! any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fnglover,

Uninstalling and reinstalling the network port and printer driver should resolve this issue.  To perform the uninstall, please follow these steps:

1.  Put the PIXMA MG6620's CDROM in the CDROM drive.  If the welcome screen appears, exit it. 

2.  Click on Start and then All Apps.

3.  Click on Windows System.

4.  Click on RUN.

5.  Click Browse. 

6.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.

7.  Double click the folder named WIN.

8.  Double click the folder named Driver.

9.  Double click the folder named DrvSetup.

10.  Double click the file named DELDRV.  If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 10, please double click DELDRV64.  In the Run box click OK. 

11.  Click Execute to start uninstall and Yes to completely uninstall the drivers.

12.  Once finished,  click on Start and then All Apps.

13.  Click on Windows System.

14.  Click on RUN.

15.  Click Browse.

16.  Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.

17.  Double click the folder named WIN.

18.  Double click the folder named Driver.

19.  Double click the folder named LAN.

20.  Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe

21.  In the Run box click OK and then Yes on the Delete BJNP Port window.

22.  The uninstaller will prompt you to restart the computer, please click Yes to restart the computer.

To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps:

1.  On your PIXMA MG6620, press the HOME button.

2.  Swipe the LCD screen and tap WLAN.

3.  Select Wireless LAN Setup.

4.  Select Standard Setup and press OK.

5.  Select your Access Point and press OK.

6.  Enter your Passphrase and follow the prompts to connect your PIXMA MG6620 to your network.

Next, please download the latest driver available from Canon's website:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MG6620 in the "Enter a Model Name" box and click the Get Drivers & Downloads button.

3.  Under Recommended Downloads, please click the "Select" button next to the MG6600 series Full Driver & Software Package.

4.  If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

5.  Click the Download button.

6.  When the Save As box comes up, click Save.

7.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

8.  Double click [win-mg6600-1_0-ucd.exe].  Files will extract.

Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.

Once installed, you should be able to scan and print wirelessly.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hello patrick, thank you and sorry for the belated answer. I will try to follow your advice and then will come back here for an update.

best regards,

francis glover

ekagawa
Apprentice
I do not have cd rom. is there another solution?

Hi ekagawa,

Are you using your PIXMA MG6620 wirelessly or with a USB cable?

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements