cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ts8100 error "Printer is not responding"

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

Running Windows 10. Canon ts8100 printer
I've been printing on the ts8100 for several years. Now I'm getting "Printer is not responding". After I got the message, I removed the printer from Printers and Scanners and re-added it. Same result.

Here are screen shots that illustrate the situation.

NOT RESPONDING

ts8100 printer not responding.jpg

The printer is connected via WiFi, but the error message shows LPT1. Is that consistent?

DETECTING PROBLEMS

ts8100 troublshooting detecting problems gathering information...never ends.jpg

This just keeps "progressing", it never ends.

I was able to print the Network Configuraton Page and I have a PDF of it. If that would be helpful, I will upload it to Google DRIVE and post a link to it here.

TIA for you help.
pwrichcreek

2 REPLIES 2

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

Here is a link to the ts8100 network configuration page

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndm8hevpb7is0pd/ts8100%20network%20configuration%20page.pdf?dl=0

pwrichcreek.

Canon support using chat provided a procedure that turned on the WPS in my Netgear router. It sounded promising, but it didn't fix the problem. I'll give Canon chat support another try, but it's not available on the weekend. And I'm not optimistic about the outcome.

In the meantime, does anyone know of a Canon printer that is capable of scanning multiple page to a .jpg file? The ts8120 can scan a single page to a .jpg; I was going to live with that, but if I can't get it to connect then I can't it to scan even a single page.

My TR4500 does multipage pdf, but doesn't do any scan to .jpg. I want the replacement for the TS8120 to do both multipage pdf and multipage .jpg. Does someone know of such a device?

TIA.
pwrichcreek.

Announcements