cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tr8520 won't print forces fax

booklady
Apprentice

Been working all day to get my all in one printer canon tr8520 to print from my laptop win10  wirelessly. both on same network first it only saw printer offline. uninstalled printer and reinstalled now when i try to print if goes to the fax screen. it even calls it canon ts8520fax  really frustrated hope you can help.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi booklady,

When you go to print and it shows the TR8520 Fax, click on it and a drop down menu should appear. In that drop down menu do you see another TR8520 without fax attached to it? If so, select it and try to print. If you are able to print, you need to adjust your default printer.

Open the control panel on your computer and select view devices and printers. Right click on the TR8500 series printer icon. In the drop down menu that appears, select the TR8500 series and select set as default printer. Once that is done, restart you computer.

If that does not resolve your issue, I recommend contacting our chat team.The real time support would be most beneficial in this case.

To get to the chat feature, click HERE. Once in the chat box, ask to speak to a live person. You will be asked to create a Canon account and once that is done, you will be able to connect with one of our chat agents Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements