cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX892 there is too much space in the header

crashingwaves
Apprentice

When I try to print a document or form the page comes out with too much space at the header and cuts off the bottom of the form or document. I've tried an auto alignment and that hasn't fixed the problem. Is there anything else I can adjust or try?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Hi crashingwaves!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using, any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Oh sorry, I forgot to list the model number when I typed it out. It's a Canon mx892 all in one. I'm not getting any error message. It's just leaving a lot of space above the headers and cutting off the bottom of the pages. I'm using windows 7 and I haven't had any problems until a few days ago. Also, I'm connected by wifi. Hope that helps =o)

Thanks!

Lisa

I am currently experiencing the same problem too. Can you please help me to fix it. I am using G3010, Windows 11, connected through USB.

Thank you

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi crashingwaves,

Generally, to adjust the amount of header in your prints, you will need to adjust the settings with the printing application.  When printing on plain paper, a very narrow header is often required.  Unless you are attempting to print to the leading edge of the paper, the header size should be within the printer's range.

What type of paper are you printing on?  What is the size of the header that you need?  Also, what application are you printing from?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, I figured it out. I just had to mess with the settings more.  Thanks for all your help!

oknvsta
Apprentice

Can you please share how to fix this problem. I am using canon G3010, connected through USB, OS Windows 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Since this thread is 6 yrs old, and your printer, software and OS are assuredly different, please start your own topic, with the information about your hardware, OS, how its connected and to what so you can receive assistance.  Any details you believe is relevant might also be helpful.   Thanks in advance.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements