cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the cl and bk and triangle lights on canon mg3520 keep blinking

cybermom12yahoo
Apprentice

I've changed ink on the printer and the cl, bk and triangle on printer keep blinking. I added this printer to my laptop and it has completed messed up my copying and scanning projects. How to stop the lights and start printing. Thanks, Ivonne

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi cybermom12yahoo.

Was the ink replaced while the MG3520 was powered off?  If so:

1. Open the printer to where the inks are,

2. Disconnect the power cord,

3. Remove the inks and set them carefully aside,

4. Plug the printer back in,

5. Power it back on,

6. Reinsert the inks in their respective slots. 

Ensure the gray restraining lever in front of each is snapped back up into place after the inks are reinserted.

If the problem persists after the above, make sure you're using the correct ink series for each cartridge (CL-241 standard or XL for Color; PG-240 standard, XL, or XXL for black) and that they're each inserted in the correct slot.  You may also wish to ensure you're using Canon genuine inks.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The CL light is flashing alone on my Canon MG3620. I bought a new colour cartridge and replaced it. Still flashing. I followed these instructions exactly as detailed. The CL light still flashes on its own. There is no pattern or count to the flashes. When I try to print the message is "The printer is not connected".

Hi Cashman1969,

Please open the cover to your PIXMA MG3620 and remove the color ink cartridge.

Please make sure that all of the orange tape was removed from the ink cartridge.

Once done, please reinsert the ink cartridge into your printer, making sure that it clicks into place, and close the cover.

Does the light still blink next to "CL"?  If it does, do you have another color ink cartridge that you could try using?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements