cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck printer carriage: Canon Pixma mx892

emzee
Contributor

Hello:

The printer cartridge on my Canon Pixma MX892 is stuck and won't allow me to change the printer ink.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

emzee

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Difficult fir us to help out with something (like this) we cannot see.

If done carefully, you should be able to depress the release for the cartridge. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

When I open up the print head bay, the entire print carriage slides over to the right and gets stuck under other parts of the printer, such that there's no print head access.

thanks!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

emzee,

Are there any error codes or error messages showing on the LCD display of the printer?  If so, what is the exact error code?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

received_262364161722749.jpegreceived_272876354029857.jpeg

Yes, there's an error code: 6A81.

Thanks!

Hi emzee.

Unplug the printer, then firmly press down on each of the inks you can reach.  Once you've pressed on the reachable inks, try manually moving the inks toward the center, pressing down on each new tank that comes into reach.  If the ink holder doesn't move readily, don't force it.

If you're unable to move the inks from under the side, then the MX892 will need to be replaced.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements