cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup for new printer Pixma G3260

judyk
Apprentice

Frustrating experience.  After removing all the orange tape, instructions say to set language.  Which I did, and pressed OK.

Then the printheads installed. and then the ink.  No trouble.  But after the ink tanks are filled, the display should ask if ink tanks are filled.  

It doesn't.  It still shows the language selection, and that's all I can do - respond OK to the langugage.

I wondered if a connection or latch or something wasn't triggered.  So I opened and closed the lid, making sure I had it all the way open first.  I shut off the printer for 10 minutes and restarted.  Same thing.

Then I proceeded with the download on the computer and started into the installation.  Well, it found the printer and the network, but then says that the printer isn't totally setup and I have to finish that before I can proceed.

So I'm stuck.  I'd guess it's a hardware thing.  What do I do?  Say I got a lemon and return the printer?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Judy K

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Judy,

This is sometimes the result of missing a piece of tape and/or shipping / packing material on the inside of the device.  Take a close look, chances are you have missed something.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Judyk,

If the printer is not making it past the language selection, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware or the printer is not getting enough power. You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on.

If the printer will still not move past the language selection, it looks like there is something wrong with the hardware. In that situation, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to see what might be causing the issue and provide service options if needed.

Announcements