Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted

Re: scans are pdf . want jpg

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry, and welcome to the Canon Forums.

We appreciate your participation, however, for the community to best assist you can you provide us with the following information: 

1. Operating System of the computer?
  2. Model of printer?

If you are in the USA and need immediate assistance please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to help! If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for replying.

I am not in the US so will use other site if needed.

My printer is TS3160 and I am using Windows 10.

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Howdy,

I listed MY PRINTER's information.  It is a Canon TS3122.

My computer is a Windows 8.1. Plenty of RAM and 2T harddrive.

No matter what I do following all these advisory suggestions, NOTHING changes my copies

from saving as PDF's.

I have now on my own however, discovered EXACTLY what I need to do to resolve this problem.

What you ask?

Well, the simplist and quickest resolution is for me to trot my happy butt down to the local electronics

store and BUY ANOTHER BRAND OF PRINTER / SCANNER.  

THAT is exactly what I am going to do. This is my first and LAST Canon product.  I almost began to

buy Canon cameras but as a result of this unfixable problem with my simple printer that NO TECH

has yet to resolve, I started buying NIKON cameras. I have now invested several thousand US dollars

in great NIKON cameras, lenses, software, etc. 

I am happy with my NIKON and soon will be happy with any other good brand of printer / scanner.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Ah if only it were that simple.   I have this Canon because the Epson I purchased was terrible.  Every time I turned on I had to reconnect to Wireless, then it would not scan from the printer to computer, but would occasionally scan from the computer to the scanner if I could find the dialogue box.   There were so many downloads needed for drivers and utilities it was mind boggling.   Contact with Epson even allowing them remote access did nothing.  

So I returned it to where I purchased and they said it would be within three months to fix it.  Well I put on the sad face and explained I had a University assignment on Photography to have in by Friday, so they felt sorry for me and gave me the cheapest they had - a Canon.

What happened to plug it in and it worked?

I had a Brother A3 for 10 years and the cogs wore out, should have had it repaired..................hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Thanks for your input!!! and good luck with your photography.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have found the best solution to this problem, took my hammer to mine and smashed it in one hundred pieces then bought another brand, never buy canon again!!!!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Woman Sad