Canon Community Canon Community

SCW
New Contributor

scans are pdf . want jpg

I am scanning several images together against a background. They automatically come up as pdf files. I want a jpeg file. I have done several of these kinds of composites and at first they were jpegs but now they are all pdf files. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing. Thanks for any help.

Reputable Contributor

Re: scans are pdf . want jpg

Hi!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know the model of the scanner you are using, the version of Windows or Mac in use, and the software you are using to scan.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

SCW
New Contributor

Canon MX922... using software that came with printer... windows 7. Thanks.

Product Expert

Hello.

To scan JPEG images with the IJ Scan Utility, the Photo option is the default way to scan JPEG's.  You can also change the save settings by going in to the Settings menu of the program.  This will allow you to change the save options for the different functions in the program.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Scans are pdf - want / need .jpg

Howdy,

I have a Canon TS3122.  It used to let me scan my photos and save them as JPG format but now

it ONLY allows me to save them as PDF.

There is ONLY a "Print" button, NOT a "Save" button so I have no way to change it from

a PDF to a JPG (JPEG) format.

I cannot then forward the photos as required by other users receiving my photos so that they

can open them. They do not have ADOBE and do not want to get it.

I cannot blame them at this point.

Please tell me how to correct this or change it as I need to. I do have need for both the PDF and

the JPG scan formats on my printer.

I tried the IJ Utilities but that does nothing to assist me.

Is it time to switch to a different printer company?

Thank you. 

New Contributor

I, too, have a problem with a Pixma all in one, where it randomly decides to put scans into the pdf format. Today I have scanned 6 off 5" x 3" photographs one after the other. The first 2 scans are stored as jpegs, the other 4 are pdfs! No settings were altered by me. It is so annoying to have to use 3rd party converters (at a lower resolution !)  to undo this fault.

Asus K55A, Windows 8.1, Scanner is Pixma TS8150, drivers up to date.

New Contributor

I had the same problem with my TS3160, using PC and Windows 10. With the help manual file and the above answer from Canon  I 'sort of' fixed it using the Custom scan setting in the IJ Scan Utility, not the 'save' function that only gives .pdf as you say.  The Custom setting pre-sets the data format as document or picture. The setting is a default but has several options. Hope that works for your model.