cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanner not working

Ibg
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG6220 and I can't scan documents to my computer. I was able to do it earlier but now I don't have "use scanner" icon in my main menu and quick menu. Do I have to install some extra driver or what I can do? Because I lost my CD I installed it from Canon website,  it has  all same features, right?

62 REPLIES 62

Hi I recently bought a MG3550 printer in the UK but cannot get the scanner software to load (tried numerous times). I have also been on Canon website and downloaded from there with no joy The printer prints but will not scan? Any ideas please

I had the same problem at totalytammy.  I got the same error message.  When I try to start MP Navigator EX it doesn't come to the Preferences window.  It says I need to connect with a USB cable.  I can print just fine.

Very silly, an answer to "scanner not working" and a message that apears on the screen when you try to run MP navigator EX, is to goto MP Navigator EX preferences. Tell us how you do that when MP Navigator EX won't run????

I downloaded the Navigator, but can't get it to open in order to get to preferences. It gives me the same message as totallytammy.  Any ideas?

OK, I think Ive got it. I connected the printer to the laptop via a usb cable and allowed the device to set up files. Once that was done, I could open the navigator I had downloaded. I could get into preferences, but couldn't find the toggle to allow it to work wireless, but disconnected the usb cable and was still able to pull up navigator. Hope this helps.

I wish I had your luck. I have still not been able to get MP Navigator 3.1 working on my Windows 8.1 laptop. I connected the printer via USB cable, and after a while, Windows reported that it did not recognise the device, and the printer did nothing.

I downloaded the newest version of the drivers, which has come out since I posted about this problem last year around this time. I downloaded 3.15, but it still didn't work. It still reports the same error as here: http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Personal-Printers/scanner-not-working/m-p/69389#M3986

I have, however, been able to scan. I did notice the Scan app, which I don't think is Canon's and was able to use that to get some basic scans. It has limited functionality, and I would rather use the Navigator.

To the people who reported that this worked, are you using Windows 8.1? Are you using the printer via wireless, Ethernet or USB?

I'm using Windows 8.1 with a Wireless Canon MG6150 Printer. When I could not initiate a scan from my printer. Running the "IJ Network Scan Utility" on my PC allowed the Printer to recognise my PC.

Good morning.

My english is bad. I know. I am trying to not use google translate anymore if not necessary.

I was bored from this issue too, and the strange was that it happened after a cleen OS reinstal. Finaly i managed this in unexpeted way.

No driver or software issue like all people on net that i have seen are trying to solve.

The aiming of driver was good to the network printer.

But not the aiming of the printer to the pc.

1 Turn on the printer

2 Select scan section

3 Pressed the left button(     Save/send to       button for my italian printer)

4 On the printer display was showed a menu to select the destination of the scanning.

5 Naturaly i choosed the network pc and it worked.

I do not know why before the OS reinstal this was not necessary.

I hope this may save time to someone.

sedano's suggestion does work.

However, you MUST have the correct MP Navigator version for your printer installed, otherwise you will receive MP Navigator error messages.

So first go to the Canon downloads site, locate your printer and ONLY download the MP Navigator version that's for your printer. DON'T go to the Canon download website and download MP Navigator from there.

The MP Navigator is not there on the website.  There is the Easy Print, My Printer, Easy Photo and Adobe.  Why would this not be easily accesible when it is required to use the scanner wirelessly?

Announcements