cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanner not working

Ibg
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG6220 and I can't scan documents to my computer. I was able to do it earlier but now I don't have "use scanner" icon in my main menu and quick menu. Do I have to install some extra driver or what I can do? Because I lost my CD I installed it from Canon website,  it has  all same features, right?

62 REPLIES 62

haship
Apprentice

I just got a new computer and now the scanner on my printer MX472 does not work

Hi, haship!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Windows or Mac in use, and if you are using the USB or wireless connection.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Hi

This might work.

I have a an MG3550 printer/scanner running on Windows 8. Bought from new, it has always worked perfectly. However, I recently had to wipe everthing clean and reinstall the drivers. For whatever reason, the scanner driver would not install from the disk, nor would it install from the Canon website. The printer worked fine but the computer did not recognise the scanner. I read somewhere that the problem stems from fact that when Canon drivers are updated to accomodate new versions of the operating system, they don't always leave the previous version available on the website. Cant understand why that should affect installation from the disk but it did - exactly the same problem irrespective of whether I was trying to install from the disk or download from the site.

In the end, I created a new folder on the hard drive, copied all the files from the original driver disk to that folder, and then ran the installation programme from the hard drive. It now works perfectly.

Bill

Announcements