Did you mean: 

scanner not working

othman44
Contributor

scanner not working

8 REPLIES 8

SamanthaW

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know your printer model, what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using, and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Thanks! 

im using cannon e510

received message cannot communicate to a scanner today. I never had this before

Hi Again!

Thank you for the information!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

russellbuc
Apprentice

I'd like to post this. You can do the same kind of thing in Windows 7.

HOW TO SCAN FROM A CANON MF-210 INTO WINDOWS 10

Actually, the answer lies in scanning INTO Windows 10 using the Windows 10 software, from the Canon. Here are the steps.

1. Power on the printer and place you source page(S) onto the flatbed or feeder.
  2. START BUTTON
  3. IN “ASK ME ANYTHING” TYPE “RUN”
  4. IT SHOWS THE BEST MATCH IS “RUN – DESKTOP APP”. CLICK THAT
  5. GIVES YOU A RUN BOX. TYPE “WFS” which stands for Windows Fax and Scan
  6. Click OK.
  7. Brings up the FAX AND SCAN application.
  8. Click NEW SCAN.
  9. BRINGS UP SCAN OPTIONS BOX.
  10. IMPORTANT- Source defaults to Feeder. This works ONLY if you have placed your source page(s) into the printer feeder. Otherwise, change the Source in the app. By clicking the drop down and closing FLAT BED.
  11. PRESS “SCAN” IN THE WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN APP.
  12. THE SCANNED IMAGE WILL APPEAR ON YOUR SCREEN.
  13. PRESS “SAVE AS” and supply a name. The App. Saves the document into “scanned documents”.

Dawna22
Apprentice

I can not figure out how to set my PC to start scanning. My printer is MX870.  I hit scan, get a message on screen that says PC Local (USB) I click ok, then it tells me to press the start button (either B/W or Color) I press B/W and get the message "set the PC to start scanning". I do not know how to do that.

Hi, Dawna22!

Which version of Windows or Mac is in use?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Thank you Jason, I am using windows 10.

Hi Dawna22,

To try and resolve the issue, you will want to ensure that you have the MP Navigator program installed on your computer.  The MP Navigator program is required when scanning from the operation panel of the unit.  This program can be downloaded from the Canon USA website here from the SOFTWARE section.

Once the MP Navigator program is installed, if you are using the printer over a network, you will also want to ensure that the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility is running on your computer.  To do this, please click on your WINDOWS button, then select ALL APPS, then CANON IJ NETWORK UTILITIES, then CANON IJ NETWORK SCAN UTILITY.

If you still experience difficulty scanning, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements