cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanner not working

Ibg
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG6220 and I can't scan documents to my computer. I was able to do it earlier but now I don't have "use scanner" icon in my main menu and quick menu. Do I have to install some extra driver or what I can do? Because I lost my CD I installed it from Canon website,  it has  all same features, right?

62 REPLIES 62

duchess52
Apprentice

me too

duchess52
Apprentice

mine too... I have a MG3222 thats only 4mos old

Filterman
Apprentice

I have uninstalled my Canon MG5320 from my Windows 10 Acer Laptop becuase I couldnt get the computer to recognize the printer. Now it prints fine but I have no way of scanning. When I go to scanning it says "Set your computer tostart  scanning" but Im not sure where to do that. Help please.

Floyd

On my Canon printer, it's hidden away on the Scan menu, in the "Save/Foward" section.

Maybaby
Apprentice
I have a Canon MG5550 printer/scanner.  Currently I am unable to scan to JPEG, only TIFF.

The display on the front of the machine shows document type as photo and JPEG and in the settings it is set to photo, colour, JPG as default but when I scan my items, using the scan button on the front of the machine, they always scan to TIFF and even though there is a drop down to select a different format, TIFF is the only option.  Can you help?

Craigory71
Apprentice

Hi all,

I just installed Windows 10 and I am having issues connecting my Canon imageFORMULA P-150 scanner.  I am using the program PaperPort.  When I load PaperPort and select the P-150, I get the following error message, which is very strange to me, since it is coming from HP...Capture.PNG

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall - that hasn't worked.  I deleted and updated drivers - that also hasn't worked. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

pip11
Apprentice

Hi there,

I have a canon MF4550d printer and scanner but I can no longer scan documents to my computer.  The message I get is "Connect computer"

Can you please help

My printer Image Class MF4820d 3 in one Scanner not working. when i try to scan the display in the printer is " connect computer". Please help to solve the problem

nikkijo9
Apprentice

I have an MX490 printer that I bought August 2015. It is connected to the wifi and can wirelessly print, but when I go to scan I get a message on the printer saying "PC NOT CONNECTED." I have a Mac with OS el capitan, and nothing pops up on my computer when I try to scan. My only other option to scan is to a USB, but I can't even find a port on my printer to attach a USB thumbdrive. 

I have the same problem with my MX492 using Windows 7. I was able to place my docs in the ADF and scan wirelessly with no problem ever since I purchased the printer. Suddenly I too received the message of PC NOT CONNECTED. Any suggestions on how to fix this woukd be great.

Announcements