cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing parts on canon pixma mx922

forthesakeofart
Apprentice

an old post stated very similar issues.  

after incorrectly dealing with a paper jam, i got a similar error message, "there is no paper in the cassette".  i too opened 

the lower cassette to find a small square piece of white plastic on the paper that looked like it had been obviously broken off.

im sure this is what happened when i took the cassette out and forcibly pulled the paper from the front of the printer.

i don't think i saw a final resolution for this person's similar issue.

question:  does this sound like i broke a piece from the rear paper path unit/jam access door ?

i found a replacement online.  should i invest in this purchase and replace it myself?  

im printing photos right off of my desk top on my macbook air.

thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Forthesakeofart,

It does look like the paper feed is damaged, if you found a piece of white square plastic in the paper cassette after removing a jam. In this situation, it would mean the printer would need service to resolve the issue. You can log into your Canon account using the link HERE to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-385-2155 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

You can try purchasing a replacement part but the parts do not come with instructions on how to take the printer apart so I can guarantee that it will resolve the issue.

Announcements