cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"the type of print head is incorrect. install the correct print head" how do I fix it,please

yoel96
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

Tara_N
Enthusiast

Hi yoel96!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I printed several things just fine, then I get a message I have the incorrect print head and it should be replaced.  What does all this mean?  What do I do since all the instructions about shutting off the machine, deleting print list, etc. don't work.

My machine is Canon Pixma 5220.  I even had the drivers checked and suppossedly reinstalled updated ones. 

Hi pcollister,

Please try removing and reseating the ink tanks and print head in the printer by following the steps shown here, then turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on to see if the error is resolved.  Should the error continue, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to help you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements