Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

"not connected to pc" error when I try to scan pages

I am trying to scan pages to my laptop and receive the above error message.  I can print to the printer a pixma mx452.

Product Expert

Re: "not connected to pc" error when I try to scan pages

Hi geraldt12,

So we can better assist you, please reply with information on what operating system you have on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X), as well as if you have the printer connected wirelessly or via USB cable.

Should you need more immediate assistance, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Occasional Contributor

I am running windows 10 and the printer is connected wirelessly.  I can print wirelessly, no problem.

Product Expert

Hello.

Try scanning with our IJ Scan Utility prorgram.  If any errors occur with our software, document them exactly as they appear so we can try to assist you further.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Occasional Contributor

Where do I find the IJ Scan Utility Program?

If you installed the software bundled with your printer, you should have a folder in your Start Menu labeled "Canon Utilities." You'll find the full suite of Canon apps there.

We hope this helps!

Occasional Contributor

This is a new laptop.  The printer was originally installed on the old laptop.  There is no Canon utilities folder on the new laptop.

Hi geraldt12!

Thank you for the updated information! You can download all of the software for your printer here: http://Canon.us/SupportCF

If you get stuck, our US-based team is happy to help. They can be reached online or by phone. The contact information is here: http://Canon.us/ContactCF

We hope this helps! 

Occasional Contributor

What exactly do I down load, drivers or other software?

Super Contributor

The file "MX450 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)" will install the printer on your computer. If you need help contact our friendly US based support team online or by phone. The contact information is here: http://Canon.us/ContactCF

We hope this helps!