cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"no paper in lower cassette" Pixma MX922

meka_r
Contributor

I have cleaned the rollers 5 times. I put in fresh paper, I made sure the paper guides are in the right place. I made sure the computer settings are correct (paper size, lower cassette, plain paper...) and it still says no paper in the lower cassette. 

21 REPLIES 21

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mekr_r,

The 1008 error caused by:

1.  There is no paper in the cassette (lower).

2.  The paper source is incorrect.

3.  Paper is not loaded properly.

To resolve this, please place paper in the lower cassette, making sure that the photo paper or plain paper such as A4, B5, A5, 8" x 10" (20 x 25 cm), Letter, or Legal, or envelopes are loaded.

For more information regarding loading paper, please view the following page from the On Line Manual of your PIXMA MX922:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MX920%20series/EN/BG/Bg-Loading1400.html

When the paper is in place, align the paper guides with the both edges of the paper and the press the OK button to dismiss the error.

Once set, please make sure that the printer driver is set to the lower tray:

1.  Right click the Windows Start button and then left click Control Panel.

2.  Click on Devices and Printers.

3.  Right click the PIXMA MX922 and left click on Printing Preferences.

4.  Click on the Main tab.

5.  Please set the Media Type to Plain Paper and the Paper Source to Cassette.

6.  Click Apply and then OK.

Please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I received a replacement from Canon!

HOW?!?

I tried everthing you mentoned....several times....nothing worked. Canon sent me a replacement printer. I will say I am not sure I will purchase another Canon printer. It seems like A LOT of people have been having this problem for a long time. I would have expected Canon to address this issue with a fix and/or replcace all these printers. 

I have the correct paper in the tray, the settings are all as they should be, and I am still getting the 1008 error message.  It seems to be a software issue, as I am able to make photocopies without problems.  Is there anything else to try? 

Thanks, 

Jen

Any one know this tutorial can resolve the problem?

No and it stinks!  I called Canon Support and the Upgrade program.  After cleaning the rollers 5 times...it's basically dead in the water.  Upgrade program Rep told me that they no longer make this printer.  He talked to me about buying one through their program BUT it's not compatible with the 2 boxes of ink I bought from Amazon.  What made me mad was he said OH Amazon sells this printer WAY TOO HIGH....it's not worth the amount of money they are charging for it.  Umm REALLY this is your company's product no matter if it is no longer being made.  This is one reason I quit buying Canon products when the old Bubble ink jet one quit working.  I went to HP but it's strictly a black printer.  I need a color printer.  No matter how many times you let it clean the rollers...it doesn't work.  There's not another cassette or back feed on this so it's pretty well junk now.  So disappointed in Canon! 

junkprinter922
Apprentice

can't print from my Iphone8. Get paper load error on two printers. coppies OK prints files OK. What junk. BTW the ink catrs always spill all over the place. My mistake in getting two of the 922s

jlandy
Apprentice
Same issue. I've tried all the things they said to do. No change.
Announcements