cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6120 "ink absorber is almost full."

kelneka
Apprentice

I keep getting that "ink absorber is almost full" message. I contacted customer support and was redirected to a third party tech support who said I am getting that message because my network is congested and that they could fix it for $249 and that I probably should just get a new printer. Seemed like a scam. Any advice? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, kelneka!

There appears to have been some misunderstanding regarding Canon support.  All of our tehcnical support for our PIXMA printers is handled in-house with no third parties involved.  Additionally, all of our support is completely free of charge.  We do not patch into your computer, and there's no cost to talk to us.

We invite you to go right to the source and call us toll-free at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).  You'll reach a member of our award-winning USA-based technical support team at one of our contact centers in Virginia and New Mexico.  Our PIXMA printer team is ready to go weekdays from 10 AM to 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Support is also available 24/7 via email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon

Again, there is no charge for any of our support.

We look forward to talking to you!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Danny

Hi, kelneka!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I have the Pixma MG6120 . The IT support I was referered to by Canon was a 3rd party. I connected to their site and the tech was able to access my computer. The Tech said I was getting the message becasue of a problem with my Network and that he could fix the issue for a one time payment of $249. He also said that would fix the Network problem but not the message I was getting on the printer and that I should just buy a new printer. The Tech wanted to contact my provider to get access in to my Network. It seemed a little weird. Also If I have a Network problem I would think I could deal with Comcast to resolve that issue. 

Hi, kelneka!

There appears to have been some misunderstanding regarding Canon support.  All of our tehcnical support for our PIXMA printers is handled in-house with no third parties involved.  Additionally, all of our support is completely free of charge.  We do not patch into your computer, and there's no cost to talk to us.

We invite you to go right to the source and call us toll-free at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).  You'll reach a member of our award-winning USA-based technical support team at one of our contact centers in Virginia and New Mexico.  Our PIXMA printer team is ready to go weekdays from 10 AM to 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Support is also available 24/7 via email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon

Again, there is no charge for any of our support.

We look forward to talking to you!

The e-mail page you show for service is not available.  Do you have another address that is available for e-mail support.

I am looking for the printer "service tool" for my mx882 printer.

Hi ravitch,

The Service Tool is only available to authorized service technicians.  It is not available for download.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So, if I understand this correctly, my printer was working fine until Canon forces me to pay you to fix a problem that your company created.  The ink absorber works on a counter and not on a measurement of ink in the actual absorber.  This sounds like financial extortion by Canon.  Hopefully I do not understand the problem correctly but this does not pass the smell test.  I can not find anything in the documentation that came with the printer that tells me that Canon will tell me that after a given time I should pay for a repair that does not really exist.

Please let me know where I went wrong.

Thank you,

I have this problem too and I totally agree with you. It is basically an extortion racket to maintain Canon's income stream and does not encourage me to ever buy another Canon product (of any sort). Basically the product is not fit for purpose as customers are not told that there is a finite life on it.

Just to add to the problem, Canon has a printer Service Tool download  that can fix the problem by setting the counter back.  This would not solve the problem if the ink absorder is actually full but that could be fixed by the user.  But Canon will not let a user get the download.  As you say, they want to sell another printer.  If I can't fix the problem my printer is scrap so what would I risk by using the tool?  It's time for Canon to stop this crap.

Don't you love it when there is no reply to this from the Canon employees on here? Because there is just no answer to this - it really is beyond the pale!

Persuade me why I should buy a Canon product again?

Announcements