cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7520 "Spool Area Full" and "Marker Supply Low" below the ink levels on Mac

smartblonde
Contributor

I'm running macOS Catalina on my 2019 iMac.  I did figure out that I needed the USB connection to use my scanner, but what does "Spool Area Full" and "Marker Supply Low" below the ink levels on Mac mean?

This is with a Canon TR7520.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply.  Actually, I unintentionally deleted the printer, and when I went to add it back of course it said no drivers available or necessary.  When I went to the support page, it showed "Mac OS X detected" and i didn't realize until the next day that there was a drop down menu and I could choose Max OS Catalina.  I did, reinstalled, and everything is working great!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Tiffany

Hi Smartblonde,

Welcome to the Canon forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 

equipment you are using.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Just edited my post to include the printer model.  Smiley Happy

Hi smartblonde,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Disconnect the USB cable from your PIXMA TR7520.

2.  Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner and then System Preferences.

3.  Click on Printers & Scanners.

4.  Click on the TR7520 on the left hand side and then the [-] at the bottom to remove it.

5.  Repeat until all TR7520's are removed from this window.

6.  Click the [+] at the bottom and then click on "Add printer or scanner".

7.  A new window will appear.  Reconnect the USB cable to your TR7520.

8.  In the new window, you will see the TR7520 listed and to the right, it will be listed as USB multifunction.  Please click once on that listing.

9.  At the bottom, in the "Use" box, please selecft "Airprint".

10.  Click the Add button.

Attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply.  Actually, I unintentionally deleted the printer, and when I went to add it back of course it said no drivers available or necessary.  When I went to the support page, it showed "Mac OS X detected" and i didn't realize until the next day that there was a drop down menu and I could choose Max OS Catalina.  I did, reinstalled, and everything is working great!

I have the Marker Supply Low problem on my Mac OS Catalina, too. Your instructions assume Canon Pixma TS5320. is connected by USB. I prefer to use mine wirelessly (it's in another room). I removed the printer from Apple > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. Then I clicked Add, and lo and behold the printer is not there to add. 

Here's the thing: I never use color ink. I always print black-and-white only, as it saves $ and color is not a necessity for me. So I'm happily printing bnw from the *original* ink supply that came with my new printer. Then the marker warning came on, so I bought an XL of black Canon ink.

The marker warning was still there and I can't print.

BTW, setting up this printer for wireless was a nightmare. Good thing I teach adult learners how to use computers! My students would have given up long ago.

Well Suzanne I too have the message and I am reluctant to remove the printer from the my list because I don't want to go through the headache of adding it back, since I am set up for wireless.   I can't find and indication of what I lose by simply ignoring this problem - does it have to do with being able to read the "ink supply levels"?  If so that gauge is somewhat useless anyway - when my ink level shows to be "out" I can usually continue to priint for months.

My Printer is the ProGraf 1000.

I am perpetually getting the spool area full error message. I delete the printer and reinstall it over and over.

Am using G6020 with Big Sur 11.3.1. The problem has plagued me off and on since I got this printer.

How I  wish I'd bought something else.

I will hope I can find a person to talk to to solve this problem.

Sometimes this printer will print no problem and other times it will refuse to print. the status in my computer's print queue is "Spool Area Full". I think the problem is that when the printer tries to take in a page, it shakes and kicks the paper away from the feed rollers. I have been able to get it to print by using the automatic feed tray and putting the paper near the top of the width guides. There's a groove about a half-inch up where the paper sits flush against the width guide. Putting the paper there allows the width guides to move in a little bit. This can allow the bottom edge of the paper to sit closer to the feed rollers. When the printer starts printing it is less likely to kick the paper out of the feed rollers. I have worse issues with heavier paper, 200g/m2 / 60lbs. Those I have to hold one sheet at a time in the rear tray, not the manual feed tray. Hold it so that it sits flat in the feed rollers. when the printer starts printing, the paper may shake and you may need to press it in a bit, but when I do this I get a sheet of cardstock in on the first try most times.

This is a very good and sensible answer. I have run into this problem with labels. Other answers have not addressed the physical component of the Problem, which seems to be the source of the failure. Ultimately, a glossary should be mandated containing a definition for any error message a company dreams up.

Announcements