cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Set the PC for scanning"

GeekinHeels
Apprentice

Hello, once I hit the scan option on my MG5420 to scan a document to my MAC PC it states: "Set the PC for scanning".  I am however able to scan from the MAC PC only but not from the CANON to MAC PC.

9 REPLIES 9

Crista
Whiz

Hi GeekinHeels!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what version of OS (10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks!

Hi!

I did not know the APPLE MAC PC's have OS's. I'm not sure of this information because it is not MS.  

Hi GeekinHeels!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what version of OS X you are using. If you are using a MacBook (Pro and Air) or iMac, you can find this information by going to the Apple  () menu, and selecting "About this Mac". The version of your Mac's OS X version will be under the "OS X" on the "About this Mac" window and will be something like "10.8" or "10.9"

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Hi! Thankyou for such a quick response. I truly appreicate it.

It is iMAC 10.9 OS.

Ramona
Authority

Hi GeekinHeels,

If using the printer wirelessly, you will want to ensure that the Canon IJ Newtork Scanner Selector is running and that your printer is selected as the scanning source to scan from the operation panel of the printer.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

Using the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Your link below is not longer available is there another page. Trying to get the MG6100 to scan to my new computer. I installed the software, but it does not seem to be working.

Your link below is not longer available is there another page. Trying to get the MG6100 to scan to my new computer. I installed the software, but it does not seem to be working.

Your link does not work. I received an error when trying to get to the page. Is there an updated link?

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

Announcements