Did you mean: 

quick menu

chazzied11
Apprentice

how do i install on my desktop

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello! 

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit), and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

printer is mg 5420, windows 10 operating system

also it is wireless

i think the problem with not being able to scan is that the PC is on local (USB)  when i am connected wireless and i can not change it to reflect wireless connection

Hi chazzied11,

Is the computer is not listed when you try scan from the printers operation panel, I recommend checking the IJ network Scanner Selector to make sure the printer is selected. Please click HERE for more information about the Scanner Selector.

You can also try scanning from the computer using IJ Scan Utility. This program gives you more control over scanning. Please click HERE for more information about IJ Scan Utility. The article is for a MG5700 series but all the information about IJ Scan is the same for your model printer.

Announcements