cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with printing grayscale

Aussie_Roo_Man
Apprentice

I have a Pixma iP4700. It has worked fine for printing color photos. But now I have to print grayscale artwork. The art scans into the computer and looks quite correct on my monitor. But everytime I try to print it out, the grays come out all wrong. 20% and 40 % cool grays come out looking more like French grays...quite brown. I've tried all kinds of different setting but nothing helps.

I tried cleaning the nozzles and I noticed that the colored print out at the end does not match my monitor. The very bottom band which is a definite gray on the monitor once again comes out looking more brown.

I did a print head alignment sheet and it only printed out 2 colors...blues and a sort of brownish color. I don't know if that is normal or not

I'm really frustrated as I have a deadline to meet and now I've got a printer that is refusing to print colors correctly. Cat Sad

I would really appreciate some help with this. I've had more luck reproducing the grays correctly with my laser printer than I've had with the Pixma. Only problem is, laser printers are very limited in the quality of paper they can use. So I'd really like to get this Pixma working properly.

Using Windows 8.1 with PaintShopPro X6 with an Epson Perfection V33 scanner.

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements