cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems sending and receiving faxes on mx892 all in one

patfromvermont
Apprentice

I seem to be unable to set my mx892 for faxing or for printing. Every time I want to use the printer I have to go through the menu and reset everything again--sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The machine continues to scan over and over when I only need one copy. I can only use the inside glass to copy. Faxes are much the same--to fax I have to go one sheet at a time and the only setting I seem to be able to use is the inside glass not the feeder that allows you to fax (or print) several sheets at a time. It would be a fair guess that I am not a technical person at all and trust me I do feel stupid, but I really need help with this. I have a small business and need to be able to use this machine. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Julius
Rising Star

Hi patfromvermont!

Please make sure you are loading in the paper through the following procedure:

1. Make sure that any original has been removed from the platen glass.

2. Load a document in the ADF.
(1) Open the document tray.

(2) Insert the document in the document tray until you hear a beep sound.
Load the document WITH THE SIDE TO SCAN FACING UP in the document tray.
REFERENCE
  • When you set the alarm to be silent in Sound control of Device user settings, the alarm will not beep even if the document is inserted in the document tray.

(3) Adjust the document guides to match the width of the document.
Do not slide the document guides too hard against the document. The document may not be fed properly.

If you are running into any further difficulty, we'll be happy to help!  We'll need a little more information.  Please visit the link below to let us know the version of Windows or Mac in use and we can follow-up with step-by-step directions regarding any further errors you are running into.  Thanks! 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements