cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with network sharing of scanner function MG3620

mhodish
Apprentice

I've got this prenter connected by USB to a windows 7 machine, and then shared to several windows xp virtual machines. The printing shares perfectly, but the VMs don't see the scanner. 

I tried installing the full software suite onto one of the vms, so I could use the IJ scanner utility, but it did not see that scanner, even if I put in the IP address or name of the machine to which it is physically connected. 

Any idea's what to try next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mhodish,

The PIXMA MG3620 scanner will not function over a shared connection.  To use your PIXMA MG3620 with multiple computers, using a wired or wireless eternet connection is recommended.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mhodish,

The PIXMA MG3620 scanner will not function over a shared connection.  To use your PIXMA MG3620 with multiple computers, using a wired or wireless eternet connection is recommended.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements