Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: printing on glossy paper

It would appear that the MG 2560 cannot print A4 colour prints. It is outside the settings allowed.

I spent two hours being "helped" by a sevice person from canon call centre. I came away convinced of two things...the printer cannot print colour phots using A4. and secondly the service person hadn't the necessary knowledge of the printer and wasted my time...BUT in a nice polite way without admitting the lack of real MG2560 printer specifications and abilities.

I tried setting to print for plain paper A4 (not colour photo size) and printing colour but the result was extremely washy indicating that it was actually assuming it was plain paper.

Either get used to letter sized priints or get a new printer. I will hang in with the MG2560 because it is the simplest cheapest printer scanner on the market at this date! I paid $18 AUD !!! great price..adequate printer! Using self fill colours! Can't beat it!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Sorry..your printer is just assuming it is plain paper and dosing the A4 with plain paper quantities of colour! No cure..don't do it! get used to small prints
Highlighted
New Contributor

Brilliant! Hilarious that this worked. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to work out the problem with my photo print quality. Tried your suggestion, and worked perfectly! Thank you.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yeah, including canon E470, WASTE OF MONEY
Highlighted
New Contributor

HAs anyone found a way around this limitation? WHY can't it print a large glossy paper. Will canon provide a driver patch or update to allow this?